Wednesday, February 11, 2015

That "duh" moment

I recently noticed that my port des bras side to the left (so the right side is stretched) is MUCH less flexible than the other way.  I wondered if it was because I sleep funny (my right shoulder is also stiffer, stronger, but has weird pain at certain angles with certain pressure---specifically those that occur if I scrub a countertop with my arm stretched too far).

I had a modern class on Monday that used a lot of upper body strength and flexibility, and I was really sore in these particular side spots.  Yesterday I realized I am probably stiff on one side because I have a cross-body messenger bag with the weight on the right.  Duh.  So it's back to the backpack, which has the added bonus of holding more things and not looking so dingy---the messenger bag is a bright yellow, or at least it is for the day after it's washed.

I don't know if this change will affect any of my 12 goals for 12 weeks, but perhaps it will at least have a positive effect in general moving life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment